- Logo and description (including aims and objectives) and links to all active social media added to your club/society page on the Union website.
- Attendance at Fresher’s Fair or hosting a Welcome Meeting in Semester 1 or 2
- Attendance at a minimum of two Clubs and Societies General Meetings (Oct. 1, Nov. 12, Jan. 28, Mar. 11) per academic year
- 2 committee members from each Club or Society have received committee training or an induction per year
- At least two events added on the union's website
- One community or sustainability focused initiative per academic year
- Examples: involving members of the community with an event, fundraising for charity, performing a service for the community, collaborating with another society, etc.
- Examples: cycle ride, cleaning up rubbish, attending a sustainable event as a society, etc.
- At least one committee member to attend any of the various awareness trainings provided by the Union. You can choose from the following:
- Consent & Bystander Intervention, Unconscious Bias, Beyond the Binary, LGBT 101, or Look After your Mate
- Upload your Club/Society constitution to “Resources” on your page on the Union website
IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ACTIVE AND ENGAGED ONLINE FORM FOR US TO CORRECT
1. What is Active & Engaged?
Active & Engaged is a set of criteria to encourage clubs and societies to engage with Union services, promote our code of conduct and promote the use of our website. The Active & Engaged scheme seeks to reward and support those societies that positively engage with the Union.
2. How can I check my Active & Engaged status?
We have an online spreadsheet which shows your society’s status. It also shows what criteria points you have completed and which points you still have to complete. The spreadsheet can be found by clicking "Check your Active and Engaged Status" at the top of this page.
3. How can I add an event to the website?
We have created a handy website user handbook which can be found here
4. How can I sign up for awareness training?
You can book a place to any of our training sessions here
5. How do I write a constitution?
Please download this sample constitution and fill out the blank sections with your relevant information here
then upload it under your club resources on your club profile
For all other questions do not hesitate to get in touch with any of our support staff or your VPVD at