Any time your Club or Society completes an Active and Engaged criteria, such as running a community event, please make sure to let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com for us to update our records.
- Logo and description (including aims and objectives) and links to all active social media added to your club/society page on the Union website.
- Attendance at Fresher’s Fair or hosting a Welcome Meeting in Semester 1 or 2
- Attendance at a minimum of two Clubs and Societies General Meetings (7th Oct, 11th Nov, 27th Jan, 9th Mar) per academic year
- 2 committee members from each Club or Society have received committee training or an induction per year
- At least two events added on the union website
- One community or sustainability focused initiative per academic year
- Examples: involving members of the community with an event, fundraising for charity, performing a service for the community, collaborating with another society, etc.
- Examples: cycle ride, cleaning up rubbish, attending a sustainable event as a society, etc.
- At least one committee member to attend any of the various awareness trainings provided by the Union. You can choose from the following:
- Consent & Bystander Intervention, Unconscious Bias, Beyond the Binary, LGBT 101, Look After your Mate
- Upload your Club/Society constitution to “Resources” on your page on the Union website
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ACTIVE AND ENGAGED ONLINE FORM TO EVIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL OF THE CRITERIA
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Active & Engaged?
Active & Engaged is a set of criteria to encourage clubs and societies to engage with Union services, promote our code of conduct and promote the use of our website. The Active & Engaged scheme seeks to reward and support those societies that positively engage with the Union.
2. How can I check my Active & Engaged status?
We have an online spreadsheet which shows your society’s status. It also shows what criteria points you have completed and which points you still have to complete. The spreadsheet can be found by clicking the link at the top of the page.
3. How can I add an event to the website?
We have created a handy website user handbook which can be found here
4. How can I sign up for awareness training?
You can book a place to any of our training sessions here. Awareness training includes Consent, Unconscious Bias, Beyond the Binary, Look After Your Mate, Bystander Intervention and SAFEtalk.
5. How do I write a constitution?
We have a constitution template which you can download and fill in here. Once you have completed this, please upload it to your webpage or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to do it for you. Please note that the purpose of a constitution is to provide an overview of the purpose and activities relating to your club or society for future committees. Therefore, your consitution is only required to be completed and uploaded to your web page once unless you choose to make any constitutional changes, in which case these must be voted on at a general meeting or annual general meeting and then re-submitted.
5. How do I write a handover document?
You can write a handover document in any way that suits your club or society best, however we do have this handy template that you can download and fill in here. The purpose of this document is to ensure that your next committee is fully prepared to run your club or society.
For all other questions do not hesitate to get in touch with any of our support staff or your VP Community at: