Putting U in the heart of commUnity
Hi, my name is Claire and I am currently in my fourth year studying Physics. I have lots of experience working within the Union to promote student societies which I believe will be useful in the role of Vice President Community. Last year I co-founded Strathclyde Pole Fitness in which I am currently the President. I am also President of Trading Card Games Society (TCG) and Social Convener for Strathclyde University Roleplaying Games Society (SURGE). Over the past 4 years I have been involved with many societies including Strathclyde University Concert Band, Board Games Society and Physics Society. I have assisted in organising various events including pub socials, Pole Fitness showcase and the Inter-Nerd Society Halloween party (Nerdfest).
So far, I have raised awareness about there being no defibrillator within the Union. As a result, the university have started to purchase more for the whole campus (at present there are only 5).
As your Vice President Community I will push to have:
- University funded first aid training, for at least one committee member, in high risk societies.
- Awareness of what campus security do for us and ensure emergency contact numbers are easily accessible to all students.
- More food deals and offers in the Union including exclusive deals for members of all clubs and societies.
- Increased opening hours in Recharge for use as a study area.
- More areas with access to a kettle and microwave.
- More variety of acts and events at Freshers Fair.