Listed by Strathclyde Students' Union
Please send your CV to email@example.com
from £9.00 . We pay the Real Living Wage, which is reviewed on an annual basis.
All part-time staff are contracted to work a minimum of 4h per week.
START DATE FRESHERS' 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity to become part of our team here at the Union. You will play a key role in giving our members a memorable experience at 'Strathy'. You will work on the front line in the bar and help guarantee a fun and safe environment for all students and guests, making it a place they will happily come back to time and time again. We are looking for staff who are confident, calm and friendly.
Do you have the following strengths?
- Always friendly and approachable, with an outgoing personality
- Enjoy interacting with customers and enjoy offering great customer service every time
- A quick learner who can offer extensive product knowledge of our food & drink offers, our events, as well as information about The Union and what it offers
- Confident and comfortable being on show behind a busy bar
- Remains calm under the pressure when serving hour after hour to a constant line of customers in a hot, noisy, and sometimes chaotic environment
- Not flustered when facing customer complaints and the challenges that come within a bar environment
- Enjoy working within a team of strong, confident individuals often with ‘big’ personalities
If you feel this describes you, then we look forward to reading your application. Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK and proof of eligibility must be produced at interview.
Basics of the job;
- You will be carrying out basic bar and catering duties
- No experience is required, but it is welcome
- We are looking to fill mostly part time positions, but there may be full time positions available
- We are a Living Wage Employer therefore our rates of pay are extremely competitive
Training for the bar is the 4th, 5th and 6th September. IMPORTANT: If you can’t attend these training dates then please do not apply.
Please Note: Those hired will begin Freshers Week (starts 14th September 2019). If you are unable to work during Freshers week then it is unlikely you will be hired.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week