Application deadline: Tue 30 Apr 2019 23:59
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter via the apply button at https://strathclydestudentsunion.breathehr.com/v/gAkTGEMbK2bj0JdgjNEtLA
This is a student or recent graduate intern role lasting 10 weeks for 14 hours per week. The role will run from 12th July 2019 to 20th September 2019 and will be based in Strath Union at 90 John Street, Glasgow, G1 1JH.
This role will focus on the engagement of postgraduate (taught and research) students in Union activities, particularly focusing on Freshers’ Week 2019/20.
This will be achieved by:
• Considering and taking into account the outcomes of the University of Strathclyde Welcome to Strathclyde survey and engaging with current students as part of the planning process.
• Supporting the planning of Freshers’ Week activities and events, working with a project team of staff across a number of departments in the Union, including Student Engagement, Communications, and Commercial Services.
• Delivering an event or activity targeted specifically at postgraduate students during Freshers’ Week.
The following skills and experience are required:
• Experience of organising and delivering events.
• Experience in producing a focused piece of research and utilising outcomes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Experience of working effectively and supportively as part of a team.
• Experience of having studied at postgraduate level would be preferable.