New Product Development Applications Technician
Listed by R and W Scott Ltd
Application deadline: Fri 19 Jul 2019 23:59
To apply, send a CV to email@example.com
£9.00 minimum, dependent on experience.
16.00 per week as a minimum. We are pretty flexible regarding hours of work as we are open from 6am till 10pm Monday to Thursday. Normal office hours would be 8.30am till 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 9.00 am till 2.00pm.
A two stage interview process, where the first round will be an opportunity to discuss skills and experience, and learn more about the company. The second stage involves an assessment of presentation skills.
We have a great opportunity for an Applications Technician with a real passion for food to join the NPD team within an established food manufacturer based in South Lanarkshire. Reporting directly to the Head of Sales & Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and evaluating products in application from concept through to customer presentation.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- To work with the NPD team to prepare and evaluate products in development to ensure they are best in class
- To prepare finished products in application while delivering ‘wow factor’ for customer presentations
- To liaise with NPD & Commercial teams in order to agree timings for customer presentations
- To prepare product presentations to educate internal teams about our products, enabling them to understand and fully sell their potential
- To keep up to date with Food and Consumer trends to allow products to be presented in the most inspirational way
- To carry out and conduct internal taste panels and benchmarking sessions as required
- To provide content and inspirational ideas for Company website & Social Media
- To ensure applications requirements are completed within set budget
- To assist the Product Development Technologists with development projects as required
- To be responsible for maintaining high standards of hygiene and housekeeping throughout the working area used by the department including stock maintenance
Ideally, the right person for the role would possess the following attributes:
- A proven capability within a bakery/food manufacturing environment
- A passion for food and a follower of the latest food trends and innovations in ingredients
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to achieve internal and external deadlines.
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with internal colleagues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient IT skills would be helpful within this role
About R&W Scott
At R&W Scott we have been handcrafting jams and preserves from our site in Carluke in Central Scotland for over 130 years. We have taken this expertise to expand our range of quality products to now include marmalades, curds and sweet sauces; to chocolate coatings, jellies, fruit pie fillings and more.
We started out as a jam and fruit growing business and have grown through the generations. Our pioneering spirit and innovative approach to products has positioned our iconic brand and helped us to become one of Scotland’s leading food companies.
R&W Scott services a number of sectors including retail, foodservice and wholesale customers worldwide!
Hours per week