HOW TO JOIN
Sports Club membership will be available to buy from September 2020! Select the button below or join to sign up on the Sports Union portal web shop:
What do I need?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £30 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – many clubs also charge a joining fee for the year which is used to subsidise additional sport specific costs. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – members participating in clubs who train who train the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility are charged a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here. No fees apply to clubs who train at Stepps Playing Fields.
Sports union membership - How much is it?
- Under/Postgraduate - £30
- Semester only - £23
- Staff/Graduates - £40
Where do I buy it?
- Online by credit/debit card
- Or pay in person at the Sports Union Cash Office
Where do I pick it up?
- Your Sports Union/Club Membership Card will be available to collect from your Club President.
SPORTS CLUB BOLT-ON FEE
What is it?
- This is your membership to an individual Sports Club or Team. You need it to participate in any sports club activity – social, recreational and competitive.
How much is it?
- Membership varies for each club so please have a look online to find a club you want to join.
Where do I pay for it?
- Same place as the Sports Union/Club Membership
- We have a list of Frequently Asked Questions – Click Here to read.
- Where practically possible, Sports Clubs have factored in the total cost of participating into their Bolt-on fee, how some activities do have additional costs depending on the nature, type and level of sport.
- For example, a club member training with a Sports Club at Strathclyde Sport will be charged a £3 facility fee, unless they are a member of the Gym. To join Strathclyde Sport, please visit their website www.strath.ac.uk/sport.
Click Here to view USSU Terms & Conditions of Membership
Click Here to view USSU Privacy & Data Protection Policy