Wellbeing Week is running from the 27th of February until the 3rd of March.
It’s Wellbeing Week and here is a guide on the events to come over the next few days!
What is Wellbeing week? It's an annual Sports Union initiative designed to encourage Strath students to take a break and get active with some stress-relieving fun. We are excited to announce the following activities will be running this week:
Monday is Tea & Talk with Sports Union Wellbeing Officer Scotty, in the Venue from 10:30 to 12:30pm. Join us for a chat about all things well being, mental health and school/life balance. The Sports Union is here to lend a listening ear in order to better understand how to support the well-being of all members and students through sport and physical activity.
Tuesday we are bringing back the famous UV Sport. From 2 to 4pm the lights in the sports halls will be shut off to reveal a neon court and all participants will be provided with neon gear. Join in on UV Badminton from 2-3pm or UV dodgeball from 3:30-4:30pm.
Wednesday we will take a break from the activities, however you might spot Strathosaurus roaming around campus giving out free hugs.
Thursday the activities resume with the Inflatable Obstacle course. The course will run from 2-4pm in the sports halls. Challenge your friends to a race and have fun burning off some steam.
To close off our wellbeing week on Friday is Paddleboard Yoga in the morning with sessions running from 9am until 1pm. Embrace your inner zen and come float away with us in the Strathsports pool. The only requirement for this activity is that you must be able to swim!
All participants in Wellbeing Week must book their activity session via the Strath Union events page! To book the following activities, click the links below:
We hope you take part in the activities! If you take a video or picture participating in any of the events make sure to tag @strathsports on Instagram and we will repost.
Wellbeing week is only a part of the work the Sports Union does to ensure the health and wellbeing of the students at Strathclyde. We want all students to feel supported on campus and remember the various ways to maintain their wellbeing:
- Be Active - We are the Sports Union so obviously this one comes first on the list. Do not underestimate the power of physical activity. Just getting up and moving will help to clear your head and release those endorphins. Join a Strath Sport workout class, attend a club taster session or go for a walk with a friend, every little movement helps.
- Connect - Do not be afraid to reach out when you need support. Find a team mate, call a family member or search out a new connection which makes you feel supported. Surrounding ourselves with our loved ones is an important way to take care of our wellbeing.
- Take Notice - Self - awareness and awareness of the ones around you is essential in taking care of your wellbeing. Take a moment to be present and really understand how you, and the people around you, are feeling.
- Learn - When you are stuck in a rut, learning something new can re-energize you. Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new, you might just discover a new passion.
- Give - Life is full of constant ups and down, however during your good periods, giving to others can be extremely rewarding. An easy way to help others is to get involved in club sport or societies at Strath, be a part of the culture which makes our university so great!