Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Women's Basketball Club!
We encourage and promote the sport of basketball to female students at the University from all backgrounds. Regardless of your skill level, as long as you have an interest in the game and are ready socialise with like-minded people, then why not get involved with one of the most popular sports clubs on campus.
We have one team who compete in the British Universities and College Sports (BUCS) league and host team training in the University's £31m Strathclyde Sport facility. We're also part of the StrathActive social and recreational sport programme and encourage all players to attend Rec Basketball in Strathclyde Sport on Friday evenings from 8pm with players from the Men's club.
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
MEMBERSHIP – WHAT DO I NEED?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £36 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge a £10 joining fee for the year (or £5 semester only) which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs such as NGB affiliaiton. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Basketball (W) so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Come and meet us at the Sports Fair during Freshers Week or if can’t make it along, just rock up to one of our training sessions which can be found on the training link below. Feel free to come along and find one of our committee members if you have any questions – you can even drop us a message in advance on our social media channels.
We are also hosting a free Come & Try session following Sports Fair. This is a great opportunity to taste what life in a sports club can be like – why not even take a mate a long too?
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.
Please click here to view Basketball (W) Club Training details, including day, time and location.