Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Dance Club!
The club offers a wide range of dance styles including ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, lyrical and hip hop. Sessions are taught at varying levels and open to anyone, so previous dance experience is not always required.
SUDC takes part in many events throughout the year, including national competitions, as well as concluding the year with our annual showcase. These events are great opportunities to improve skills and make friends, and are fun to take part in, however none are compulsory.
The club recognises the importance of enjoying the social side of university life and therefore organise many social events throughout the year. SUDC’s ever-growing members and committee work hard to create a welcoming community for anyone wanting to dance and have fun!
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
2020 Sports Fair: Club Sign Up
Are you interested in joining Strath Dance? Or what about other clubs within the Sports Union? Register your interest during the Virtual Sports Fair and sign-up to clubs below:
Membership – what do I need?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £36 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge a £15 joining fee for the year which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs, such as show venues and costumes. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access training for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
how to join
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Dance so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Come and meet us at the Sports Fair during Freshers Week or if can’t make it along, just rock up to one of our training sessions which can be found on the training link below. Feel free to come along and find one of our committee members if you have any questions – you can even drop us a message in advance on our social media channels.
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on email@example.com and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.