Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Handball Club!
Handball offers you an all round great time, on the court and off the court. There's a team for everyone, from those who have played for their whole lives, to those who love trying new things but barely know what handball is (for the record, it’s an awesome sport and lots of fun!).
We train Wednesdays 12-3pm (Men 12-1.30 and Women 1.30-3) and Fridays 7-8.45am (mixed session), and even the morning trainings are usually popular with the members.
We're a social group who regularly spend time together off the court, both in bars and once, memorably, in a trampoline park. Follow us @strathclydehandball on Instagram to see more!
Our successes include:
• Men’s Scottish University League Winners for 5 years and 2nd place in 2021/22, and BUCS Finalists in 2020
• 2nd place in Women's Scottish University League in 2022 and 3rd place in 2019 & 2020 and top tier qualification in BUCS 2019 and 5th best UK team 2022
Best performing Scottish Uni Handball club 2022
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
Membership – what do I need?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £30 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge a £20 joining fee for the year (or £10 semester only) which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs such as buying and maintaining equipment. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Handball so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Get involved in the Sports Fair during Freshers Week! Feel free to also get in touch with the club via the social channels if you have any questions.
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.
Please visit the timetable to view Handball Club Training details, including day, time and location.