Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Korfball Club!
Korfball is a new and rapidly growing sport at Strathclyde. As one of the only mixed-gender team sports at the university, we pride ourselves on being a social and inclusive club.
Korfball is sort of a mix between netball and basketball, but most of us had never heard of it before we joined either, and now some of us are playing for Scotland! So don't worry if you don't have any experience - just come along and see what we're about!
We train on Thursday evenings 17:00-19:00 at Strathclyde Sport and then we hit the pub for some food and drink! We also train Tuesday mornings 07:00-08:00 for any keen beans who can't get enough.
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
Membership – what do I need?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £36 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge a £15 joining fee for the year (£10 for semester only) which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access training for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Korfball so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Come and meet us at the Sports Fair during Freshers Week or if can’t make it along, just rock up to one of our training sessions which can be found on the training link below. Feel free to come along and find one of our committee members if you have any questions – you can even drop us a message in advance on our social media channels.
We are also hosting a free Come & Try session following Sports Fair. This is a great opportunity to taste what life in a sports club can be like – why not even take a mate a long too?
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on email@example.com and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.