Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Korfball Club!
Korfball is a new and rapidly growing sport not only at Strathclyde but also in Scotland. As one of the only mixed-gender team sport at the university, we pride ourselves being a social and inclusive club, both on and off court.
Korfball is a fast paced and dynamic team game, but most of us had never even heard of it before we joined either, and now some of us are playing for Scotland! So don’t worry if you don’t have any experience - just come along and see what we’re about! New players are always welcome.
We train on Thursday evenings from 5pm-7pm at Strathclyde Sport followed by a fantastic get together at the pub for some food and drink, but most importantly, to allow players to get to know each other and have a blast! We also have an extra training session on Tuesday mornings from 8am-9am for anyone who are keen early risers and just simply can’t get enough of Korfball.
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
2020 Sports Fair: Club Sign Up
Are you interested in joining Strath Korfball? Or what about other clubs within the Sports Union? Register your interest during the Virtual Sports Fair and sign-up to clubs below:
Membership – what do I need?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £30 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge a £15 joining fee for the year which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs such as buying and maintaining equipment. This fee is charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
how to join
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Korfball so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Get involved in the virtual Sports Fair during Freshers Week! Feel free to also get in touch with the club via the social channels if you have any questions.
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on email@example.com and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.
Please click here to view Korfball Club Training details, including day, time and location.