Welcome to the University of Strathclyde Netball Club!
Netball is one of Strathclyde’s biggest and best clubs!
We have 6 competitive teams that play in various BUCS and GNA divisions. These games are usually played on Saturdays and Wednesdays, with the occasional Thursday night matches as well.
Last season our training was on Tuesday nights from 6-8 pm and our recreational training was on Thursday nights from 7-8.30 pm. The social team training is always a good laugh and everyone is welcome to attend! These times are TBC for this season so look out for updates!
We see a huge range of abilities on Thursday nights so why not give it a go?
We also have a performance programme, and if you are selected, you will receive an extra technical training session (TBC) and strength and conditioning in the gym on Fridays 7-8am.
With the current situation we are in, we are unsure when we will be able to return to court. In the meantime, we have virtual training on Tuesday evenings 6-8pm. We will update you with training times and days as soon as we know.
In between training and matches, we have lots of very fun and exciting socials to come along to.
If you are interested in joining Strathclyde University Netball Club to play in one of our competitive league teams, then please register your interest here: https://strath.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_enSCJWJTR6IEX1H
Any questions? Ask away, contact details to reach student committee members can be found on the email link on this page or find us on our social media channels to message us directly.
2020 Sports Fair: Club Sign Up
Are you interested in joining Strath Netball? Or what about other clubs within the Sports Union? Register your interest during the Virtual Sports Fair and sign-up to clubs below:
MEMBERSHIP – WHAT DO I NEED?
1. Sports Union Membership – this is a flat £30 fee for the year (or £23 for one semester) which goes directly back to the club to fund various club activities and operations, including:
- Personal accident and public liability insurance
- Coaching fees, competition entry and transport costs, club equipment and external facility hire
2. Sports Club Bolt-on Fee – we also charge various joining fees for the year. This year we are charging £20 for semester 1 which will allow you to come along to training sessions weekly, including virtual training sessions. When games begin, hopefully in semester 2, we will require an additional £10 for BUCS teams and £15 for GNA teams which is charged to subsidise additional sport specific costs. There will also be a £10 fee for umpiring. These fees will be charged on top of the Sports Union membership and again, goes directly back to the club and participants taking part in our activities.
3. Facility Access – as we train in the University’s £31m Strathclyde Sport facility, a pay-as-you-go facility fee of £3 is charged to access each session. However, if you are a member of Strathclyde Sport gym you do not need to pay this fee and can access training for free. To join Strathclyde Sport please visit the University website here.
how to join
Click on the Join button to sign up to the Sports Union through our web shop. Don’t forget to select Netball so you automatically register with the club for the academic year and the committee can give you a Club Membership Card. Read our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Get involved in the virtual Sports Fair during Freshers Week! Feel free to also get in touch with the club via the social channels if you have any questions.
If you are keen to get involved midway through the semester and haven’t bought a membership yet, you can register for one free Taster Pass with the Sports Union. Just drop the team a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will prepare one in advance to collect from the office in Strathclyde Sport.