Committee training day
CTD 2023 Agenda
When: Wednesday 6th September, 10-4:30pm
Where: John Anderson Building (JA325 Lecture Hall + JA314, JA317, JA326, JA327 Breakout Rooms)
Applicable to: All Sports Union committee members
Strathclyde Sports Union host an annual conference style committee training day on campus. The event is open to all committee positions, but is compusory for your CSTW (Club Captain, Secretary, Treasurer and Wellbeing Officer) to attend where possible.
Attendance of the event will be marked on your Club Score so it makes a difference to have as may committee memebers present as possible.
The opportunity will allow you to complete committee training in person, experience some guest speakers, network with fellow committee members across our 48 sports clubs, not to mention a free lunch and refreshments plus prizes to be won!
To sign up, please do so here.
For any further queries, questions or feedback, please contact the SU central email account.
online training Hub
Committee training is predominatly completed online through the our committee training hub (CTH). There is a diverse amount of training courses available for committee members to complete, with a veriety of learning outcomes. Within the hub, each course details which committee role the training is recommended for. The Sports Union will hold an in person 'committee training day' in September to meet new committees and deliver some of the courses in person. To guide our committee members, we reccommend downloading and reading the Club-Handbook.
Click on the below button to take you to the committee training hub (if registering for the first time, please ensure you fill out the 'tag' box with your club e.g Hockey W). Resources are provided on the CTH so you are fully equipped to carry out your role. The following courses are online to complete:
- BUCS/SSS Captains
- Events, leagues & competitions
- Club Safety
- Facilities & Club Training
How to complete your online training
Follow our step by step guide on how to complete training below:
- Click the above link to access the committee hub, and then select the 'sign up' button on the top right.
- Upon registration, put your club in the 'tag' box e.g Hockey (W).
- To complete a course, click on a course to become enrolled, complete each of the units and any tasks or quizs associated with it. You must complete and look at every resource in the course to tick it as 'complete'.
- You can track your own progress for each course by clicking on your profile or once you have completed a unit, a tick will appear beside the unit name on the course page.