We hope you are safe and well. We continue to be as active as ever across campus and beyond whilst following government guidance, therefore, our staff and student executive are hybrid working from home and in our new Strath Union building on Richmond Street. A great deal of our contact has already taken place digitally and we still have a lot of services online meaning you have access to more information at your convenience.
Below is a little more information about the safety precautions we have implemented together with some links we believe may be of interest to you:
- We are working to a set capacity to comply with COVID rules and to keep you all safe. If we happen to be at capacity you may not be allowed in until there is space.
- The Union is now fully cashless, this will help to reduce opportunities for the spread of the virus
- We continue to have COVID safety measures in place such as sanitiser points, sign posting and we urge everyone to wear a mask whilst moving around the building (unless medically exempt)
- Check out our Community Immunity Campaign to help keep you safe and informed. We encourage all students to get vaccinated as soon as possible (if medically able to do so.)
- The University is updating information as it emerges, you can keep up to date by downloading the App and also checking their website where they have a webpage dedicated to updates related to Covid-19: https://www.strath.ac.uk/coronavirus/students/
- We would encourage you to also download the NHS Test & Protect App designed to help us protect each other, reduce the spread of coronavirus and avoid further lockdowns. The app will alert you if you have been in close contact with another app user who tests positive for coronavirus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzGzh0msKNA
- Stay connected with your Union: @StrathclydeUnion | strathclydeunion | @StrathUnion
We aim to share as much information as we can about our Union services throughout this pandemic and provide signposts to helpful resources. However, there will be questions we haven’t covered here and please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is anything else you want to know.