Rest of the UK


Financial support for students from the rest of the UK is provided by Student Finance companies for each region. The websites and contact details for these organisations are below:

·England Student Finance England
·Wales: Student Finance Wales
·Northern Ireland: Student Finance NI

The University’s website has some more information about further information on tuition fees, scholarships, and bursaries for RUK (Rest of UK) students: Tuition Fees and Funding 


Scholarships & Trust Funds

Several industrial organisations and a number of government departments have schemes to support students. These schemes are usually competitive and may have requirements, for example, that particular research is undertaken or attached to them. Details of these sponsorship and scholarship opportunities can be found on Postgraduate studentships  or .


Strathclyde also has some scholarship programmes of its own. For more details, see the University Website  or visit the Careers Service.


The requirements for Trust Funds are set by the people who fund them, so in other words, the criteria varies and anyone wanting extra support should investigate if there is a suitable fund/s for them. These websites have good searching tools for Trusts:


Students from the rest of the UK can also access the University’s Discretionary and Emergency Aid Fund. Have a look at our Struggling for Money? page for more information.

Mature Students & PostGrads

Space for Mature Students and Postgrads


In this section

Speak to one of our advisers

  • 90 John Street, Glasgow G1 1JH
  • Email
  • +44 (0) 141 567 5000