Vice President Welfare is responsible for campaigning on issues that affects student welfare and wellbeing including housing, mental health and financial hardship. They will represent student interests within the University and local community and ensure the Union supports welfare groups.
Useful skills: Empathetic, Supportive, Team-player, Public Speaking, Negotiation Skills, Communication Skills
This role will:
1. Be the main representative on the welfare and wellbeing of students within the University and local community.
2. Campaigning on issues including, but not limited to: housing and accommodation, mental health provision, poverty and widening access.
3. Chair Welfare Committee.
4. Liaise with part-time, international, mature students and representative groups such as the Mature Students Association.
5. Ensure the Union caters for Nightline and other welfare groups.
6. Ensure part-time, international, mature students have the skills and knowledge to campaign and make their issues heard.
7. Direct students to necessary support.
8. Facilitate input to University strategic initiatives and ensure student voice is heard in in corporate governance meetings.
Board of Trustees
This position is also a member of the Board of Trustees, which holds overall financial, legal and strategic responsibilities for the Association. For more info on being a Trustee, read OSCR’s (the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator) guide.
Please look over the Strath Elections Pack and the Election Rules before submitting your nomination.
Got any questions?