Application deadline: Wed 30 Sep 2020 23:59
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (there’s no need to send us a cover letter).
We’re looking for confident, friendly box office assistants to provide on-site support to our client’s events. You will be the first point of contact customers will have at the event and represent Citizen Ticket’s ethos. You will be attentive and friendly, assisting in selling tickets or problem solving any ticket issues you’re faced with. If the box office is busy, you’ll be able to undertake your role as efficiently and calmly as possible, while still serving customers with a smiling face!
You will be working with us at Fireworks Drive-In (Erol Showground, Perth) and need to be available to work on 7th November 2020.
What will you be doing on-site?
- Being the first port of call for all customers, presenting a high level of customer service to all guests attending the event.
- Helping the box office manager to set up the box office for incoming customers.
- Selling tickets through the Citizen Ticket ticketing system.
- Assisting previous ticket purchasers with ticket issues (i.e. exchanging tickets, ticket transfers, Citizen Ticket app help) and general ticket queries.
- Scanning guests’ tickets using the Citizen Ticket App.
- Taking responsibility for your cash and card transactions and making sure all money is reconciled at the end of your shift.
- Undertaking additional duties when required (i.e. scanning guests tickets at the entrance using the Citizen Ticket App).
Apply if you...
- have experience working at events/festivals or in a box office environment.
- can work efficiently and accurately in a busy, high-pressure environment.
- have great communication skills and are attentive to people’s needs.
- possess a positive, problem-solving, “can-do” attitude.
- have essential numeracy skills and computer literacy.
- have an understanding of cash handling procedures (training will be provided).
- have experience using ticketing systems (desirable).
- are undertaking a degree in events management or a related course (desirable).
We’ll provide you with all the training you need to assist customers to an excellent standard, reporting directly to the on-site box office manager.
We can offer you pick up and drop off from Edinburgh to the site or if you wish, you can make your own way and meet us there.
Food and drink will be provided on-shift.
Please take into account the travel time and make sure to calculate your travel cost and deduct this from your total wage to get an accurate overview of how much you will earn. The cheapest way to get to Edinburgh from Glasgow is by bus.