Listed by University of Strathclyde
Application deadline: Sun 11 Apr 2021 17:00
Applications can be completed at
£9.50 per hour (Real Living Wage).
The work is flexible and ad hoc and can therefore be fitted around your studies and other commitments. You can pick up hours ever month and the busiest periods are March/April, June and August/September.
The Student Ambassador scheme recruits a team of students from all subject areas to assist in the activities of the Recruitment and International Office (RIO). The activities include Open Days, Applicant visits, Parents and Careers Information sessions, Visit Days and other events. Student Ambassadors will be expected to lead campus tours, welcome and assist visitors and share your experiences as a student with prospective students and their family. There may also be the opportunity to accompany RIO staff on school visits. The work is flexible and ad hoc and can therefore be fitted around the student’s schedule. Work is currently on a virtual basis but will become in person when restrictions are lifted.
- Be a continuing student at the University of Strathclyde in the academic session 2020/21
- Have excellent communications skills
- Be outgoing and friendly
- Be confident talking to groups
- Be approachable
- Be confident to approach visitors
- Be reliable and committed
- Have good time management
- Be willing to occasionally work outdoors (e.g. giving tours or directing visitors)
- Be positive about Higher Education
Ambassadors will need to attend a training session prior to undertaking any work for RIO and provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
Hours per week