Want to stand out from the crowd when searching for a training contract?
Work for LexisNexis as a Student Associate; act as a representative on campus for our online services and advise and support your fellow students with their legal research.
As a LexisNexis Student Associate you will:
- Become a master of our legal research tools
- Plan and run training sessions
- Gain experience in public speaking
- Learn how to market yourself and your sessions
- Develop your networking skills by liaising with students and faculty
- Become part of a community of law students based across the UK
- Receive a competitive salary
You may be expected to carry out your tasks online depending on your university’s decision to return to campus following government advice around COVID-19. You will receive training and support to prepare you for the role, beginning with an introductory 3-day session in September and with monthly training throughout.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a current first, second, third year or postgraduate law student. This is a fixed term contract, starting in September.
How to apply
Apply via the job portal by clicking the link above. You will be asked to provide your details, upload your CV and cover letter.
Please include any relevant information in your cover letter relating to:
- Extra-curricular activities you are involved in – any sports teams, voluntary work, student representative roles and part-time jobs, etc.
- Any university societies you are involved with (at committee level)
- Legal work experience you have participated in
What do students say about working for LexisNexis?
"Being a Student Associate has been one of the most rewarding experiences while at university. It provides you with the opportunity to play a crucial role in helping and guiding students within the law school. It also develops your transferable skills, such as public speaking, leadership, legal research and commercial awareness, which will aid your future career goals in any field you may wish to pursue."
Amiya, Durham University
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory and business information and analytics that help customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and advance the rule of law around the world. We help lawyers win cases, manage their work more efficiently, serve their clients better and grow their practices. We assist corporations in better understanding their markets and preventing bribery and corruption within their supply chains. We partner with leading global associations and customers to help collect evidence against war criminals and provide tools to combat human trafficking. We endeavour to advance the rule of law across the world.