Student Staff (coffee shop/bar/events)
Listed by Strathclyde Students' Union
Application deadline: Fri 16 Jul 2021 17:00
Please submit a CV and covering letter through
£9.50 per hour. Pay is at the Scottish Real Living Wage Rate.
A minimum of 4 hours work per week will be offered to the successful candidates with shifts that fit in with your studies.
Interviews will be scheduled at a later date. All applicants must be available for training w/c Monday 30th August 2021. Training will be paid.
Do you want to be part of one of the newest and most exciting venues in Glasgow?
Do you delight in serving others, putting a smile on people’s faces and brightening up their day?
Strath Union will be throwing open the doors of the new Union in September 2021 and we are looking for students from across the Strathclyde community to work with us as we take the student experience at Strathclyde to the next level! You will most likely work in a customer facing role in one of our fantastic new bars or coffee shops. You don’t need any prior experience, just a great attitude, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of a team.
If interested, please submit a CV and covering letter telling us why you want to work in the Union and what, in your opinion, makes for excellent customer service.
The post holder will be a member of the food & beverage department, you will support the management team in delivering outstanding levels of quality, customer service and student satisfaction. Tasks include food and drink preparation, carrying out cleaning and re-stocking tasks.
• Prepare and serve drinks to required standard and in line with Health & Safety standards and legislation.
• To help with the prep and serving of food
• Operating the till and handling customer payments.
• Assist in relevant key events throughout the year.
• Opening and closing the outlet (including cleaning, restocking etc)
• Dealing with enquiries around venue/SU in general
• Ensure that Students and external customers are treated in a friendly manner and to ensure that their expectations are exceeded.
• To record wastage in line with bar procedures
• To assist in venue merchandising and bar displays when required.
• To keep the Union clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties when required.
• To dispose of rubbish in the correct recycling bins and help the Union reach its climate objectives.
• To act as an information point for Students about Union promotions and events
• To work to achieve a high level of customer service.
• To communicate effectively and work as a collaborative team
• Have a can-do attitude.
Hours per week