We are Strath Union, your Students’ Union - the beating heart of activity for students on Strathclyde campus since 1964.
We run events year-round where you can let loose, let go, just throw a couple shapes and put your skills on show.
We provide free and confidential advice for students, covering academic support, wellbeing and more.
University is all about finding friends, finding community, and finding yourself.
We exist to represent all students at the University of Strathclyde. We make sure your voice is heard across the University and beyond.
Enhance your CV, develop skills, find a part-time job and get more involved with your local community.
The Union is a great place to meet friends, study, grab lunch or take a
break. Have a look and discover our variety of venues.
Food & Drink
Bag the latest Strath branded merch, get the latest student deals and
explore memberships available at the Union!
Listed by Strathclyde Students' Union
Do you want to be part of one of the newest and most exciting venues in Glasgow?
Do you delight in serving others, putting a smile on people’s faces and brightening up their day?
Strath Union will be throwing open the doors of the new Union in September 2021 and we are looking for students from across the Strathclyde community to work with us as we take the student experience at Strathclyde to the next level! You will most likely work in a customer facing role in one of our fantastic new bars or coffee shops. You don’t need any prior experience, just a great attitude, a willingness to learn and a desire to be part of a team.
If interested, please submit a CV and covering letter telling us why you want to work in the Union and what, in your opinion, makes for excellent customer service.
The post holder will be a member of the food & beverage department, you will support the management team in delivering outstanding levels of quality, customer service and student satisfaction. Tasks include food and drink preparation, carrying out cleaning and re-stocking tasks.
• Prepare and serve drinks to required standard and in line with Health & Safety standards and legislation.
• To help with the prep and serving of food
• Operating the till and handling customer payments.
• Assist in relevant key events throughout the year.
• Opening and closing the outlet (including cleaning, restocking etc)
• Dealing with enquiries around venue/SU in general
• Ensure that Students and external customers are treated in a friendly manner and to ensure that their expectations are exceeded.
• To record wastage in line with bar procedures
• To assist in venue merchandising and bar displays when required.
• To keep the Union clean and tidy before, during and after opening hours and to undertake cleaning duties when required.
• To dispose of rubbish in the correct recycling bins and help the Union reach its climate objectives.
• To act as an information point for Students about Union promotions and events
• To work to achieve a high level of customer service.
• To communicate effectively and work as a collaborative team
• Have a can-do attitude.