Application deadline: Mon 31 Jan 2022 23:59
To apply please send us an email (email@example.com) with a brief explanation of why you think you are suitable for the position. Let us know what areas you are most comfortable writing about and what experience you have. Also please advise roughly how many words you would be interested in writing per week, though we can be flexible with this when you are busy, or have exams or holidays.
We are looking for a number of copywriters to assist with our network of sports and gambling websites on a freelance basis.
Applicants must have excellent written skills and the ability to research and analyse a given topic before producing original copy of a high quality on the specified subject. A good knowledge of sport and gambling (especially online and mobile) would be a major advantage whilst we are especially interested in people with knowledge of horse racing and online casinos.
The ability to work independently and provide copy punctually and to set guidelines and deadlines is essential and the work could include but is not limited to:
· Explaining how specific betting markets work (for example, betting on over/under goals in football or handicap betting in rugby)
· Explaining different types of bets in easy-to-understand language (for example, Lucky 15s, Super Heinz, full-cover bets)
· Explaining how certain rules/aspects of sport work (for example, turnovers in American football or the offside rule in football)
· Topical articles relating to sport and/or gambling (for example, the relationship between cryptocurrencies and football clubs)
· Other miscellaneous articles relating to sports or gambling (for example, explain how bookmakers set their odds, or whether there’s a gambling ombudsman)