Application deadline: Sun 12 May 2019
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Camp Counsellors for an outstanding summer day camp for campers aged 5 - 14, based at Kelvinside Academy, in the heart of Glasgow's West End. The Camp Counsellor is a role model, friend, leader and mentor for our campers. Each counsellor is responsible for a group of 8 - 12 campers. The camp counsellor facilitates friendships, runs unique group activities and is responsible for the pastoral care, safety and wellbeing of their campers.
Each counsellor will run at least one elective activity in the morning based on skill and experience. When applying, please look at which electives you have experience in teaching.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills and characteristics:
- Experience working directly with groups of children aged 5-14
- Ability to be a positive role model for children
- Experience in teaching at least one of the elective activities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Maturity to be responsible for the care, well-being and safety of young people
- Experience of working at a summer camp
- First aid certificate
- All applicants must successfully pass full background and reference checks
- All successful applicants must be available to work the duration of the Camp, including staff training.
- The salary for working at our Summer Camp is dependent upon your age
- The salary is subject to all normal UK taxes - e.g. PAYE and National Insurance Contributions)
Staff Training: Thursday June 27 - Saturday June 29
Week 1: Monday July 1 - Friday July 5
Week 2: Monday July 8 - Friday July 12
Week 3: Monday July 15 - Friday July 19
Week 4: Monday July 22 - Friday July 26
Week 5: Monday July 29 - Friday August 2
Week 6: Monday August 5 - Friday August 9
Week 7: Monday August 12 - Friday August 16
Follow this link: https://www.campindy.co.uk/work-for-us/ or email Jen McGuire email@example.com for more information.
About Camp Indy
At Camp Indy, campers get the opportunity to create a personalised summer programme to suit their interests. Our elective activities include sports, creative superstar, action & adventure, dance, art, performing arts and football.
We focus on developing children and building essential life-skills, all whilst having fun and creating friendships. Campers will leave Camp Indy more independant and confident, better communicators and with valuable leadership skills.