Student Engagement Support (9 positions)
Listed by Strathclyde Students' Union
Application deadline: Thu 05 Sep 2019 12:00
To apply please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Thursday 5th of September 2019.
£9.00 ; Paid at £9 per hour
10 hours per week
Interviews will take place during the week commencing the 9th of September 2019. Online interviews will be available for candidates who are not able to attend in person.
The roles are offered for a total of 22 weeks split across 2 semesters of 11 weeks each between September 2019 and end of March 2020.
Strath Union is looking to recruit nine confident, hardworking and self-motivated individuals to fill student staff roles within the Student Engagement Team. As Student Engagement Support, you will work closely with the Student Exec and Student Engagement staff team to provide administrative and portfolio based support to ensure students can get fully involved in the life of the Union. The successful applicants will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, have a good telephone manner, be a problem solver and enjoy working with people. They will work well as part of a team and under their own initiative.
The duties will adapt and change to suit the needs of the Union throughout the term of employment and you will work with staff across the organisation as well as sabbatical officers and volunteers. Each student staff member will carry out general responsibilities along with a specific remit as detailed in the guidance sheet.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Answering general enquiries and guiding students to services within the Union and University
- Ensuring that a high level of customer care is provided and general administrative duties are carried out
- Ensuring a safe and tidy environment is maintained within the building
- Event planning and management through the year to support sabbatical objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Confident, enthusiastic and naturally helpful
- Skilled at evaluating options and generating solutions
- A reliable and committed team member
- A people person with experience in a customer focussed environment
Application Form: https://www.strathunion.com/asset/Job/1/Strath-Union-Student-Staff-Application-Form-2019-20.doc
Guidance Sheet Including Role Descriptions: https://www.strathunion.com/asset/Job/1/Student-Staff-Application-Guidance-Sheet-2019.docx
Please email your completed application form to email@example.com
Please note applicants must be current University of Strathclyde students.
Hours per week