We are Strathclyde's Mature Student Association - a supportive community with our own study/ R+R area in the Livi Tower for those who started their higher education journey in adulthood. (21+ only).
We are Strathclyde's Mature Students Association (MSA)!
- Whether you are an undergraduate, a postgraduate, or on an access course, the only critera that you need to meet to join the Mature Students Association (MSA) is to be 21 or over at the beginning of your studies.
- The MSA is run exclusively by mature students, for mature students.
- We, as a committee and as a society, understand that life can be a rollercoaster - and that for endless variable reasons, not everyone goes through the typical route to university. Being a mature student at the beginning of your higher education journey can present some unique challenges depending on personal circumstances - and we are here to help you overcome them!
So whether you are looking for...
- A quiet and comfortable area to study and/or relax.
- Access to I.T. and printing services as well as the University network (Pegasus/Myplace).
- A study buddy.
- The opportunity to make friends with those in a similar age range/ have similar life experiences and/or are studying similar courses.
- An inclusive society where you can attend our fun social events. Some of these include Bingo & Quiz nights as well as festive celebrations for occassions like Halloween and Christmas!
- Or, perhaps you just need the reassurance of knowing that you are not the only Mature Student at Strathclyde!
Whatever your reasons for wanting to get involved - we are here to support you!
As a member of our society, you will also have the exclusive benefit of being able to book the MSA space in the Livingstone Tower through our committee as well as a range of student support services.
As the only critera for being an MSA member is to be over 21 years old, we have quite a diverse society in terms of age and background. So, you can be sure that you will make friends! The MSA aims to be an inclusive society and as such, we welcome mature students irrespective of their background, mental or physical disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion, sexuality, gender, or gender identity.
By extension, please be aware that any individual who discriminates against our members based on any of these categories or otherwise purposefully displays disruptive and/or aggressive behaviour will be reported to Strathclyde Student Union and the University. But you are all very lovely people who have worked hard to get into university, so we know it won't come to that! ♥
We would like to take the time to thank all of our members for helping us to be a welcoming and inclusive society and we hope this will encourage fellow mature students to join our society. If you have any questions, complaints or suggestions on how we can do better (e.g., inclusive ideas for our society policies, events, facilities or mature student support services) - please don't hesitate to contact us and one of our committee members will be more than happy to help you out. You can also reach out to us if you feel that there are any particular issue(s) that mature students face which are under-represented and our committee will represent your views at General Society Meetings. We are invested in our mature students and making sure that you all have a positive experience at university and within our society and as such - your input matters.
Our email is: firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you'd prefer - you can contact us via our social media platforms which are listed on this page!
Thank you for being Active & Engaged with our society and we hope to see you in our dedicated MSA member area in The Livingstone Tower (Located on the 2nd Floor), or at one of our upcoming social events!
- Love from all of us here at #StrathMSA
Could not load 'product' control.