We are looking for volunteers to join our StrathActive programme for 2022-23 and help the Strathclyde community to be happier, more active and better connected through active health opportunities.
what is strathactive?
StrathActive is one of the University’s active health programmes delivered in partnership between the Sports Union, Strathclyde Sport and Strath Union.
Together, we provide a range of free activities on campus for students and staff where the emphasis is on having fun and being a part of #StrathLife.
For more information visit https://www.strathunion.com/sports-union/strathactive/
StrathActive provides a range of sport and active health activities which take place at lunchtimes and late afternoons
Current activities include Football 5s, Touch Tennis, Dodgeball, Badminton and Walking Tours.
Most sessions take place in Strathclyde Sport, the University’s £31m sport, health and fitness centre located at the heart of campus.
All sessions are free for students and staff to take part in
The StrathActive programme runs for 11 weeks each semester
- 19th September to 4th December in 2022
- 16th January to 2nd April in 2023
We are able to be flexible with hours around your availability/studies
strathactive leaders main tasks
- Acting as the welcoming face and first point of contact for StrathActive sessions
- Manage and oversee delivery of StrathActive sessions on a weekly basis
- Assist Strathclyde Sport operational staff with set-up and de-rig of activity sessions
- Deliver weekly StrathActive activity sessions on campus. Tasks include:
- Assist Strathclyde Sport operation staff to set up activities
- Act as the welcoming face of StrathActive
- Record attendance registers
- Assist the Sport Development Coordinator to monitor engagement with the programme by capturing feedback on StrathActive sessions
- Assisting with ad-hoc events such as walking tours, UV sport etc.
We are looking for enthusiastic and approachable students who have an interest in sport and physical activity and wish to gain practical experience and develop new skills. We welcome indviduals that may have particular experience in Football 5s, Badminton, Dodgeball, Touch Tennis and Walking, however it is not essential.
We will provided training for the role, covering topics such as being an activity leader, active health promotion, as well as health and safety workshops
StrathActive Leaders will be supported and supervised by Abby Irvine – Sport Development Coordinator.
- Develop your leadership and communication skills
- Access to training and CPD opportunities
- Build your professional network within the University
- Free StrathActive kit
- Social opportunities with the StrathActive Leaders team
- Flexible hours