Previous TRNSMT artists and no stranger to the indie scene, Vistas have been capturing attention across the country with their catchy chorus and infectious guitar hooks. It is looking to be a busy year for the boys as they are wrapping up their first UK headline tour and have announced another massive tour kicking off in October. We caught up with Edinburgh Indie Trio, Vistas, ahead of their headline DJ set at TRNSMT Takeover at the Union next Saturday.
1. What kind of music and atmosphere are you planning on bringing to the takeover night?
Indie bangers on top of indie bangers.
2. How does it feel headlining the TRNSMT Takeover? Similar feeling to when you performed on the King Tut’s stage?
It’s a different vibe from actually performing but the feeling of the getting the crowd moving with some tunes is always great!
3. Who would be your go to artist on the TRNSMT Line-up?
That Stormzy headline on the Friday will be mad I think. St. Martiins and Swim School were just added to the line up too. They’re both great. Also some faves on there too like Circa Waves and The Wombats.
4. For someone going to TRNSMT for the first time, what would you recommend be the first thing they do when visiting Glasgow?
Try soak up the city as much as you can. Glasgow is such a vibrant and diverse city with plenty of art and culture. Some of the nicest people you can meet too. (Get the nachos at St. Lukes as well).
5. How was it touring with Circa Waves? Did you find yourself listening to the same music, or were you introduced to anything new?
Touring with Circa Waves was amazing. A fully surreal experience playing to so many people before one of your favourite bands every night. We got into Gang of Youths on that tour too, so a bit of new music in our lives.
Don’t forget to grab your tickets to be in for a chance of winning a pair of TRNSMT Weekend tickets plus many more giveaways and drinks promos!
Read more blog entries
Back to Strath Life