Scapa Fest, a solar-powered, leave-no-trace and zero-waste yoga, adventure and sustainable living experience designed to help people harness the power of nature to transform their physical health and the health of their environment.
We bring together global experts in mind-body health, outdoor education and environmental action to deliver immersive sessions to families and individuals who attend from all over the world.
Much more than an event, Scapa Fest is a whole new way of living. A sustainable, regenerative way of being in the world, of the world and for the world.
Whatever you do as a volunteer, you’ll be at the heart of it all, creating life-changing experiences for everyone–including yourself.
Paramount to the success of Scapa Fest, our volunteers ensure the smooth running of the venue and our programme. Scapa Fest is more akin to a camp than a festival, and as a 100% leave no trace outdoor event, we naturally look for individuals with experience in responsible outdoor living rather than festival experience. Exceptional people skills, resourcefulness and common sense make you the ideal candidate.
How it works:
In exchange for one full day of volunteering (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday), you receive access to the event and to all the activities on the programme on the days you are not working.
We ask for a deposit of £150 (please contact us at email@example.com if this is a problem - we are flexible) to show your commitment, which we refund at the end of the event, unless you cancel without good notice or you don’t show up. Deposits is standard procedure for all the festivals we know. We have had problems with volunteers not turning up – this causes many difficulties for the remaining volunteers, the supervisors and for the attendees themselves.
Once you have been accepted as a volunteer, you will then be asked to pay the deposit through Paypal to confirm your space on the volunteer team. The deposit will be refunded to you (minus £5 for administration costs - £145) after the event and once you have completed your shift on your allocated volunteer day.
Once accepted and your deposit has been received, you will be added to our dedicated facebook group so that you can get to know the other people volunteering with you and make arrangements such as car and/or tent sharing etc... You will also receive a weekly email to confirm your place on the team and your commitment. Failure to notify us that you won't be available will result on your access to the event withdrawn and your deposit will not be refunded.
Volunteers will be working with one of 6 teams during the weekend:
- The Set-Up/Take Down Team - Thursday and Monday only - This team will help build the festival infrastructure, decorate stages/tents, and set up signage.
- The First Aid Team - Friday, Saturday and Sunday only - You will need to be a fully qualified first aider, nurse or medical practitioner to be part of this team. Lifeguard training welcome.
- The Scapa Green Team - Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only - This team will be constantly patrolling the festival grounds and to help keep it clean and free of litter. We are a Zero Waste Event, so any knowledge and ideas in these matters will be helpful.
- The Parking & Campervan Team - Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only - This team will assist all attendees to park their vehicles in an efficient and organised manner so that we can fit as many cars as possible into the parking lots as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.
- The Campsite Team - Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday only - This team will assist all attendees with their gear from the car park to the campgrounds, attend to communal fires, as well as keep an eye out for potential safety concerns or problems.
- The Front-of-House Team - Friday, Saturday and Sunday only - This Team will be assisting the public. From passing out wristbands, bin/recycling bags, dealing with ticket, schedule problems and other enquiries as required, and all over the site, including campsite. This team will also be assisting the instructors with changeovers between workshops, make sure the workshop areas/stages/venues are clean and properly set up, participant questions are answered, wristbands checked and participants signed in. Will also collect and deliver equipment as required.
Thanks again for your time and interest in becoming part of the Scapa Life!
Benefits to self
Free weekend ticket: volunteer for a full day shift and take part in all the activities of Scapa Fest on the other days for free.
Free tea, coffee and healthy snacks during your shift.
The feel good factor, as you support Scapa People and change lives
Benefits to others
Whatever you do as a volunteer, you’ll be at the heart of it all, creating life-changing experiences for everyone–including yourself and ensuring the smooth running of this globally sought-after experience.
Ardkinglas Estate, Cairndow, Loch Fyne
No training required. We match your interests and abilities to one of the required roles.
Support and supervision details
You'll be added to a team supervised by our volunteer coordinator