We are looking to recruit an IT Tutor to deliver or support the delivery of Computer and IT skills sessions to groups of elderly people within local community centres. This is a voluntary position with a view to becoming a part or full-time salaried position.
What will I be doing?
- Delivering IT workshops within the local community to small groups (Beginner level).
The curriculum for these classes is already developed, you will be working through the setmodules and activities either on your own or supported by another tutor.
- During Covid lockdowns or restrictions you will be continuing lessons remotely, you will also help shape the courses Won Connect offer.
- Modules include: turning a computer off and on, connecting to the internet and using abrowser, setting up and using email, editing, copying, saving documents, printing adocument, importing photos taken with a digital camera, sending attachments, social media,computer and internet security etc. We can send you the full module list if you’d like, just drop us an email.
-Spreading the word about our services and volunteering opportunities.
What skills/experience do I need?
- Any knowledge or skills in IT, computer, mobile, internet and cybersecurity
- Ability to deliver class materials clearly, without jargon - fluent in English
- Ability to support older people with class activities patiently and with a positive manner
- Willing to work within our values, procedures, and policies
- Friendly, reliable, approachable and a confident team player
- Commitment to the role
- Ability to manage your own workload/time effectively
- A can do attitude and proactive nature
- Any teaching experience or qualifications
- Any IT or computing experience or qualifications
How much time am I expected to give?
We expect you to commit a minimum of 5 hours per week, however this role is fully flexible.
We are based in the Orkney Street Enterprise centre, although during Covid restrictions we are
running remotely and would expect volunteers to continue to help remotely. The classes are hosted
in community centres across Greater Glasgow and your travel to these will be reimbursed.