This is an exciting opportunity to join a CIC, utilise interpersonal, learned and commercial skills. We are looking to recruit a business management team member to help develop and implement new ways to improve Won Connect and it’s services. You will be directly helping Won Connect support elderly and vulnerable adults in their communities.
What will I be doing?
-To ensure that all marketing communication materials are created to a high quality and delivered effectively to the identified target audiences.
-To take the lead in developing new and innovative ways to communicate with the business’s beneficiaries, stakeholders and the general public.
-To support events and meetings designed to raise profile and generate funding and income.
-Report on activities, budget and the results and impacts of the campaigns.
What skills/experience do I need?
- Ability to work strategically and use own initiative
- Be a collaborative team member and supportive colleague
- Knowledge of using social media channels in a strategic capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on mentality
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Customer service and communication skills.
This role is ideal for anyone of any age who has experience of marketing and communication and wishes to share their skills for the benefit of the community of Glasgow.
How much time am I expected to give?
We expect you to commit a minimum of 5 hours per week, however this role is fully flexible.
We are based in the Orkney Street Enterprise centre, although during Covid restrictions we are
running remotely and would expect volunteers to continue to help remotely.
Benefits to self
- Rewarding sense of having made a positive difference in people’s lives
- A chance to engage with a wide range of people and diverse community groups, great team
- Very flexible and friendly working environment
- Support to develop your workplace skills and gain experience for your future career
Benefits to others
You will help enrich the lives of people we support by becoming a part of this friendly organisation, known for providing high quality support to people.
Full induction and opportunities for excellent training
Support and supervision details
One-to-one support throughout the role.