Candidate for the position of Faculty Rep Humanities and Social Sciences Undergraduate
HASS Deserves Better
HaSS Specific Manifesto
- Demand that HaSS students are provided with a HaSS specific computer lab (study area) on campus.
- Campaign for the university to drastically increase funding for the HaSS department to ensure HaSS does not remain left behind the other faculties at Strathclyde.
- Ensure that HaSS will continue to provide recordings of lectures post COVID-19 to improve the flexibility of student’s study schedules.
- Argue that HaSS facilities need drastic and urgent renovation and improvements. It is not fair that HaSS students aren’t provided with rapidly degrading facilities.
- Increase communication channels between union and class reps, and make the case for class reps sitting on union formed committees to increase communication between the university and students union.
- Host regular (once monthly minimum) drop-in sessions for students to explain their thoughts and concerns they would like raised at a union level.
- Host regular meetings with humanities based societies to improve union co-ordination with societies.
General Manifesto Points
- Campaign for re-entry to the Erasmus scheme for Scottish based students
- Campaign for environmentally friendly policy changes on a university and union level.
- Campaign for reduced tuition fees for fee paying students.
- Campaign for improved facilities within halls
- Campaign for reduced rent and improved contracts for halls students (including private).
- Urge the university to release fund from university reserves (>£300m as of 18/19) to LEVEL-UP the university and ensure faculties are sufficiently funded.