Better Admissions. Better Integration. Better Experience. Better Strathclyde.
International Students have suffered in exclusive ways due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. When re-elected International Student Representative, I plan to accomplish the following to make the transition back onto campus easier for all International Students:
- Advocate for increased transparency on University Policy in relation to COVID-19
- Increased options for mandatory attendance that effects VISA requirements
- Continue the fight for lower tuition for all International and EU Students
- Change the Student Parliament voting system to be open to all students, not just elected Reps
- Advocate for the reinsiution of Erasmus scheme for Scottish/Int Students
- Support enivmronetally friendly policies
In my past year serving the International Students of Strathclyde, I have worked on and passed the following policies:
- Right to Congregate Act, author
- Under Phase 4, the Strath Union should impose no further restrictions than that of the Scottish government on the gathering of students in the Union building.
- Fair Tuition Act, co-auhtor
- Under the development of Brexit, and the sad loss of EU students’ right to Scottish tuition, ALL International Students fees should be lowered.
- Time Zone Awareness by Liam Mosson, Interfaith Rep (represented International Student interest, not author)
- Brings awareness to International Students and working students time differences in regard to tutorial and lecture time slots
More more information: Anna McKinley, Facebook, @callmemckinley, Twitter