Inclusion should not be an option, if it is not inclusive it's time something is done to change that.
If re-elected I will:
- Work with clubs and societies to help make them as accessible as possible, including accessibility training to ensure the language used by clubs is appropriate.
- Campaign the university to make clear access points to information on how to access help from Disability and wellbeing services and what help is available.
- Work with the university to introduce closed captioning and image descriptions on all social media and online platforms.
- Continue work with VP Sport on accessibility in sport training for staff and assessable sports events for when back in-person events can occur.
- Introduce training for internalized ableism to help reduce misinformation around unknown ability terms and sayings students hear daily on and off-campus.
- Continue work with VP Inclusion on-campus accessibility, highlighting accessible routes and ensuring that these are maintained.
- Work with the university and the sunflower lanyard scheme recently introduced to help inform the staff and student population of the large range of invisible disabilities in the university population.
- Work with departments to ensure that all staff are aware of the needs and adjustments of their students to minimize the amount of campaigning those students have to do to get their needs met.