Sport has been a huge part of my student experience. This year I am the Sponsorship Officer for the Sports Exec and the Social Secretary for Strathclyde Tennis, which has been a crucial role during the pandemic. I currently volunteer with SSS as the Tennis Communications Officer which has been an amazing experience. I get involved in every aspect of student sport, from social & development team tennis, Wednesday night socials, and even the SU Take Me Out... I’m currently completing my 4th year studying Marketing, and I know that the skills I have learned can be directly transferred into the VP Sport role. I’ve loved getting involved in student sport, and I hope you give me the chance to have one more year at Strathclyde!
If elected I plan to:
- Introduce a Calendar of Events, by working closely with the Sports Exec and Club Committees to highlight SU events and encourage inter-club collaboration.
- Reintroduce a Strath Sports podcast named “Let’s Talk Strath Sport” to communicate and connect with the student community.
- Promote Well-being & Inclusion Wednesdays by collaborating with the new club Well-being Officers and Sports Exec to highlight the importance of physical and mental health for students across campus.
- Work closely with Strathclyde Sport to plan the development of a Strath Sport app.
- Continue the club committee Buddy System for committees to communicate, collaborate, and share best practice.
If you share my vision, please vote Kirsty B for Sports VP 2021/22!