For an effective and campaigning NUS!
The National Union of Students have consistently supported students in their struggle and represented us at the highest levels. Now, NUS is in a critical period of reflection and it is vital that it remains a campaigning and supportive Union of Students.
As a delegate to NUS Scotland conference:
- I will oppose any motions that lead to cuts to our diversity campaigns.
- I will vote for motions that advocate for improved student support systems across Scotland.
- I will campaign with fellow delegates to ensure that NUS Scotland is not at the receiving end of unwarranted budget cuts.
- I will work with fellow delegates to ensure that motions in interest of Strathclyde students are passed.
- And should such a motion be brought to conference, I will vote for the Scottish National Union of Students to become an independent organisation.