I'll care, so that you don't have to.
Hi, my name is Kyle Scott and I have been a student in this university for the past 4 years. In this time, I have worked with many clubs, societies, policies and campaigns, which have made Strathclyde a better place to study.
So why should you elect me? Well, as a student, I have contributed to a number of great campaigns; some of which have led to the abolishment of the University wide zero marks policy as well as the abolishment of graduation fees. I’ve done all this as a student, as an elected official I promise I can do more for all students of this university.
On mental health, I will:
- Lobby the University to create a wellbeing drop-in service for students self-presenting with mental health problems.
- Reduce the waiting times for counselling services.
- Advocate for mental health training for all staff members at the university, and a voluntary course for students.
- Campaign for an automatic extension for students with mental health problems.
On student welfare, I will:
- Lobby for affordable University halls alongside a cap on rent increases.
- Campaign for lectures to be recorded, so that students facing difficulties have access to them on request.
- Advocate for the University to offer more paid internships on campus.
- Campaign for increased financial support for all disadvantaged students.
- Consult with Mature students on how to improve their experience on campus and how they can be better supported.
- Consult with disabled students on how to make the University more accessible.