What I achieved and secured this year:
- Abolished graduation fees.
- £125,000 hardship and participation funding
- Free rooms in halls for those fleeing home or homelessness.
- £100,000 mental health support.
- Helped get library expansion.
- Free taxi scheme for Union staff.
- £1.3 million for students!
What I want to achieve next year:
A modern, democratic Union:
- More direct, online democracy.
- Building relationships with other Unions to protect our students.
- Online platform for advertising and finding flats.
- Digital room-booking for clubs & socs.
- Live gigs in the Union.
- Campaigning for equality, against all forms of discrimination.
- Union printshop.
- Support for MSA and SUMSA.
- Subsidised trips for international students to travel Scotland.
A supportive university
- Assessment policies which recognise mental health, homelessness, caring and home office requirements.
- Emboldened report and support to protect students from harrassment on campus.
- Tackle counselling waiting times.
- £2 nightbus.
- Expand and map out microwaves and kettles on campus.
- Wednesday afternoons free!
- Revolutionise Nourish! Cheaper, more options and fresh memes.
A strong education
- New policy to stop exam bunching.
- Ensure 3-week assignment turnaround by hiring more staff.
- Mandated online submissions for regular essay assignments.
- Skills hub.
- Lecture recording for students facing personal difficulties.
- Opt-out option of groupwork for final year students.
- Opposition to rising fees.
- More paid internships.