EMILY #1 HaSS FACULTY REP
My main aims:
1. IMPROVE the inconsistent opportunities for students to give class feedback during a semester.
2. LOBBY the university over the current charges placed on required course materials which are not available electronically.
3. WORK on improving the quality of teaching spaces for students, particularly in the Lord Hope Building so the new building does not experience the same problems.
4. DEVELOP a new plan for dissertation supervisors and students to improve the overall dissertation experience.
5. CONTINUE to lobby the university to ensure Postgraduate fees do not continue to increase.
My previous experience makes me a great fit for the role -
- I am a current Faculty Rep for HaSS and have been in this role since 2017, during my 1st year at Strathy.
- I have been working as an Intern at the Student's Union, working with the Student Representation Team, dealing with Class Reps and the whole system of student representation.
- I am an active member of various committees representing students at University level including the Student Experience Committee, responsible for abolishing Graduation fees.
WHY SHOULD YOU VOTE EMILY #1 HaSS FACULTY REP?
I have a great passion for representing students in the HaSS faculty and across the University, so we can all have the best experience. I want to continue the work I've been involved with this past year throughout my 3rd year at Strathy. I hope I can count on your support in the Elections 2019!