- To be a formidable representative and mouthpiece of the power of diversity and inclusiveness.
- To represent and lead with a clear vision, courage and loyalty, and posed with effective communication skills & competency to canvass and promote the concerns of all PTS on campus and beyond.
- To work with every PTS & NUS concerned to help to take the NUS to a higher level.
Moreover, within these past 5 months as PTS rep, I have had successful and productive engagements with some staff and students to explore the best strategies of addressing the concerns of mature &
PTS across the campus. Presently, I am working on plans to implement a platform for awareness, collaborative and effective communication amongst all PTS.
I have also tapped from the opportunity of attending the last NUS conference at Manchester university (29-Jan-2019) and had direct influence amongst other MPTS reps nationwide on areas including:
- Influencing policy for MPTS
- Strategies to engage MPTS in study and the union
- Support or oppose motion for the best interest of the union and MPTS nationwide.
- Policy update and discussed the issues that affect our section; prioritising and influencing the sector (positive impact and inclusion).
Representing our union at such national event was a privilege & the importance of the knowledge and student experience I tapped and brought back to help my role here on campus cannot be over emphasised.