22 February to 7 March 2021 is Fairtrade Fortnight, which this year has the theme Choose The World You Want. Their focus is on climate change & the impact on farmers & the global food supply.
The Strathclyde Foodbank Society & Mary's Meals Society have teamed up with some of the Strathclyde Climate Emergency Action group to bring what will hopefully be an interesting afternoon, with speakers from each of the groups.
International Level- Mary's Meals
- About Mary's Meals: mission & values; history
- Work they do & the impact it has
- StrathMM Sponsored School in Malawi where there is current food insecurity
Local Level- Glasgow NE foodbank
- Glasgow NE is a Trussell Trust foodbank
- rising use of foodbanks in the UK
- socio-economic factors; access & attitudes to food
Climate change - Strathclyde Climate Emergency Action group members
- Impact on farmers & the global supply chain
- Impact our food habits have on the environment
- What is the University doing to tackle climate change
- What can we do every day to help fight climate change
There will be time to ask questions & we hope to have a chill social afterwards since we all need a lil socialising right now!