Year Established: 2018
Strathclyde Flying club is a new flying and aviation club founded to provide flying, networking and aviation engineering opportunities to all students.
Tell Us Five Fun Facts About Yourself:
- We fly microlights
- We raised over £40 for Scottish Air ambulance from a bake sale
- We held and film night and watched "Sully"
- We visited Perth Airport to see the air traffic control tower and got a tour of the engineering hangar
- We like planes
Tell Us About Your Upcoming Club Events:
Visit to NATS Prestwick
We have an engineering networking event at Glasgow British Airways maintenance hangar hosted with BA and the Air League Charity next month.
Why Do You Think We Should Make You Club Of The Week?
Recently we had our freshers’ trip to Strathaven Airfield where lots of pilots flew in to take up out students in their aircraft. For our first official event, we had 16 members attend and everyone got two flights. We also had a barbecue and got shown around the hangar.
How Much Is It To Sign Up?
Full Membership £45 and includes:
- Short trial flight in a microlight aircraft similar to the C42
- Access to all our networking and social events throughout the year
Half membership £10 which gives you access to all our networking and social events throughout the year
While Strathclyde Flying club are based at Strathclyde, they are open all students at universities across the west of Scotland. Get in touch if you’re interested in hear more about their work, or follow them on Facebook.
Fancy being Strath Union’s Club Of The Week? Fill out our form and get your club in the spotlight!