Any student at Strathclyde can help shape the policy of Strath Union. Before you start on your policy, here are a few things to think about:
- Does the Union already have policy concerning the topic you want to discuss? You can check through our current policy HERE
- When you are writing a policy proposal, consider what evidence you can use to support your case. This could include links to relevant websites, articles or surveys.
- Have you discussed your policy proposal with anyone? It's great to talk to other students about your policy proposal, to make sure you're covering everything you'd like to.
- Don't forget to contact your Executive and Non-Executive Officers! They can really help with the detail and also support your policy proposal through our processes.
- Strath Union Staff are here to guide you through the process and support your policy proposal. If you would like to discuss anything about your proposal, you can pop into Level 7 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like, you can submit a proposal by filling in the form below. A member of staff will then get in touch with more information, or arrange a meeting with you.
Please note: if a policy proposal is received after the deadline, it can only be included at the discretion of the Democracy Convenor.
This is where you lay out the problem. This section is for FACTS about the issue. Please start each point on a new line so it can be numbered
This section lays out what you feel the Union's POSITION should be on the issue. It can, therefore, contain opinion on the issue, rather than facts. Please take a new line for each point so that they can be numbered
This section sets out the SOLUTION to the issue. You should detail exactly what The Union should be doing about the issue and, if applicable, who should do it. e.g. The President, The Executive Committee, Members of Student Parliament, etc.
This is the name of the motion, and will appear on the agenda - make sure it relates to the issue and is clear for others to understand
Please insert the full name of the person submitting this motion in here
Please insert your strath.ac.uk e-mail address in here of the person submitting the motion so that we can get in touch with you
Please write the full name of a student who supports your motion
Please supply the strath.ac.uk e-mail address of a student who supports your motion so that we can confirm their support
Optional - Please list any useful links you might have that will help provide further information to representatives when discussing and voting on this motion. Please take a new line for each link