Overview of role
We are looking for confident, approachable and committed individuals to lead teams of like-minded people. By leading a team to Kilimanjaro you will be giving people the opportunity to take on a life-changing challenge whilst gaining valuable skills and experience for yourself.
The direct outcome of your work will be the recruitment and support of fundraisers; together you will raise thousands of pounds for our clean water and sanitation projects.
- Inform - get the word out about this epic challenge and where the fundraising will go by being an ambassador for Dig Deep.
- Recruit - recruit a team who will climb Kilimanjaro with you and achieve something extraordinary.
- Support - with our help you will support your team with reaching their £2600 fundraising targets (N.B each team member will have an individual target of £2600)
What you will gain from the role
The role is the perfect way to develop yourself personally and professionally and add lots of new skills to your CV that will be attractive to future employees. These include:
- National and International leadership experience
- Project/Team management (coordinating fundraising events and group travel)
- Fundraising experience – you and your team will raise £1000s and make a real difference to communities in East Africa.
- Recruitment experience - recruit an amazing team of future lifelong friends
- Presentation skills (host information events throughout the year)
- Marketing and advertising experience (selling the challenge to others)
- Attend a fun and engaging leadership training weekend
- Trip of a lifetime to Kilimanjaro at a discounted price based on your recruitment
- Global awareness
Team Leader Deal
You will be rewarded for your hard work as a Team Leader with no registration fee, discounted travel and the opportunity to visit our projects in Kenya.
As per each member of your team you will have a fundraising target of £2600 which is split 50:50 between a donation to Dig Deep and to cover the costs associated with the climb (flights are not included but click here for a full breakdown of what is and isn't covered by the fundraising). Based on your recruitment you will then receive the following benefits:
- Recruit 5 team mates and your fundraising target will be £2000
- Recruit 10 team mates and your fundraising target will be £1500
- Recruit 15 team mates and your fundraising target will be £1000
- Recruit 20 team mates and your fundraising target will be £500
- Recruit 25+ team mates and your fundraising target will be £0
The opportunity to visit our projects in Kenya directly before your Kilimanjaro climb is offered to Team Leaders of the 10 largest teams by the recruitment deadline.
To be a successful leader
You will have a dedicated fundraising support officer (FSO) from Dig Deep to help you every step of the way however we will ask you to commit to the following:
- Attend the leader training weekend (3rd-5th April).
- Promote and pitch the challenge across your region and on social media and keep in touch with those interested in the challenge.
- Maintain in regular contact with your FSO so that they can assist you with your recruitment and the fundraising support of your team.
- Assist your team in their fundraising by organising team fundraising events and socials.
How to apply
Please pop over to our website or complete this application form
Benefits to self
This role offers much personal and professional development. To name a few: National/international leadership skills; Team management; Fundraising Experience; Recruitment; Presentation skills; Marketing and advertising; Personal development with confidence; Global awareness.
Benefits to others
You and your team will raise £1000s and make a real difference to communities in East Africa. You will be helping your team reach their targets and take on the challenge a lifetime as well as creating change for communities in Kenya and future generations to come.
You will be required to attend the leader training weekend (3rd-5th April). You will meet other potential team leaders, develop key skills for recruitment and fundraising as well as social media promotion, management and elevator pitches.
Support and supervision details
You will have a dedicated fundraising support officer (FSO) from Dig Deep to help you every step of the way who we request you have regular phone calls with. You will have a wealth of both physically and electronic resources to aid you in your challenge.